Financial Support

It’s a good idea to consider how you will support yourself while you study. Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents do not pay tuition fees for research degrees. However, student services and amenity fees are not covered by NDRI or scholarships and you are responsible for paying these fees on enrolment.

Information for international students can be found on Curtin’s fees page, and for information regarding the English Language Bridging program, visit Curtin English.

NDRI regularly funds scholarships and also provides externally funded scholarships. To find out when the next round of NDRI scholarships opens, contact the NDRI Postgraduate Coordinator. For a list of externally funded scholarships that can be supervised by NDRI, visit Curtin scholarships.

Research bursaries of up to $2500 may also be available for honours and masters level students enrolled in a health or relevant social science course and intending to conduct a research project in the alcohol and other drug field. Applicants should have a good undergraduate record and will be required to have a departmental research supervisor in their own school, with co-supervision being offered by an NDRI researcher.

For more information, contact the NDRI Postgraduate Coordinator, Dr Nyanda McBride.